Events in 1998
Conferences, workshop, courses
- 25-29 May 1998, University of Aarhus:
- An Introduction to Malliavin Calculus with Applications to Finance.
- 4-6 August, 1998, University of Aarhus:
- Mini-workshop on Stochastics.
- 7-10 August, 1998, Aalborg University:
- MCMC Summer School.
- 18 August, 1998, University of Aarhus:
- Mini-workshop on Mathematical Physics.
- 25-29 August, 1998, University of Copenhagen:
- Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes: Theoretical and Computational Aspects.
- Fall 1998, University of Aarhus:
- Graduate course on
Analytic Number Theory.
- 20 October - 17 December, University of Aarhus:
- Graduate Course on Marked Point Processes and
Piecewise Deterministic Processes.
- 21-25 September, 1998, University of Copenhagen:
- Concentrated Advanced Course: An Introduction to Stochastic Partial Differential Equations.
- 5-7 November, 1998, University of Aarhus:
on Geometric Scattering.
- 10-14 November, 1998, University of Aarhus:
Advanced Course on Queueing Network Theory.
- 26-28 November, 1998, University of Copenhagen:
- Workshop on Quantum Geometry, Random Matrices, Statistical Models
of Strings and Quantum Gravity.
Seminars and alike (most recent first)
- Thursday, 17 December, 1998 at 14.15 in Koll. G: GEOMETRIC MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR
- Alberto Cattaneo (Zürich): Knot and 3-Manifold Invariants via Configuration Space Integrals II
- Tuesday, 15 December, 1998 at 14.15-15.15 in Koll. G3: STATISTICS SEMINAR
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Fred Espen Benth, University of Aarhus: Occupation time and laser cooling
- Friday, 11 December, 1998 at 14.15 in Aud. D3: SEMINAR
- Professor D. Mayer (TU Clausthal): The transfer operator approach for Selbergs zeta function for subgroups of PSL(2,Z)
- Friday, 4 December, 1998 at 14.15 in Aud. D3: ANALYSIS SEMINAR
- Aleksei Venkov (Department of Mathematics, Aarhus U): Phillips and Sarnak's conjecture for embedded eigenvalues of the automorphic Laplacian
- Thursday, 3 December, 1998 at 14.15 in Koll. G: GEOMETRIC MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS SEMINAR
- K. Ueno (Kyoto University): Differential equations for theta constants
- Thursday, 12 November, 1998 at 14.15 in Koll. G: SEMINAR
- D. Bar-Natan (Hebrew): 1+1=2, The Hopf Link, and the Harish-Chandra-Duflo isomorphism.
- Thursday, 5 November, 1998 at 14.00 in E3-109 (Dept. of Math., Aalborg University): SEMINAR
- Geoff Nicholls (Auckland): Imaging with Electricity
- Thursday, 8 October, 1998 at 14.15 in H2.28: SEMINAR
- Jim Dai (Georgia Institute of Technology): Reflected Brownian motions and queueing networks
- Thursday, 17 September, 1998 at 14.15 in H2.28: SEMINAR
- N. Leonenko (Kyiv University): Statistical inference for random fields arising in Burgers turbulence
- Wednesday, 8 July, 1998 at 15 in Aud. D3: SEMINAR
- Professor V. Turaev: A combinatorial formulation for the Seiberg-Witten invariants of 3-manifolds.
- Thursday, December 4, 1997 at 14.15 in H2.28: SEMINAR
- T. Mikosch, University of Groningen: What do the Sample Autocorrelations of Heavy-Tailed Processes Tell Us?
- Thursday, December 11, 1997 at 14.15 in H2.28: SEMINAR
- Fred Espen Benth, Norsk Regnesentral, Oslo: Generalized Stochastic Processes and SPDE's
- Tuesday, December 16, 1997 at 14.15 in H2.28: SEMINAR
- Uffe Haagerup, Odense Universitet: Random Matrices and Voiculescu's Non-Commutative Probability Theory
This document, http://www.maphysto.dk/oldpages/events/past1998.html
was last modified
January 19, 2004.
Questions or comments to the contents of this document should
be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org