Number Theory and Spectral Theory
Friday December 3 - Saturday December 4, 1999
Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Aarhus
This conference dealt with a broad spectrum of number theory,
including transcendental numbers, modular forms, spectral theory and
statistical analysis of the Riemann zeros.
The conference was organized by Erik Balslev
and Alexei Venkov, Aarhus.
The program consisted of the following 8 one-hour lectures:
- 9.30-10.30 Ahmed Sebbar (Bordeaux): Capacity, Jacobi forms
and geodesics of the Bergman metric
- 10.45-11.45 Martin Huxley (Cardiff): Integer points in plane
regions and exponential sums
- 13.30-14.30 Alexei Venkov (Aarhus): Exceptional Hecke operators
for the groups $\Gamma_0(N)$ with primitive character
- 15.00-16.00 Gisbert Wüstholz (Zürich): Hypergeometric
functions, special points on Shimura varieties and transcendence
- 9.30-10.30 Uffe Haagerup (Odense): Random matrices and the
distribution of zeros of the Riemann zeta function --- a survey of results of
- 10.45-11.45 Eric Opdam (Amsterdam): Spectral decomposition of
- 14.00-15.00 Dieter Mayer (Clausthal): Transfer operators and
period functions for subgroups of the modular group
- 15.30-16.30 Andreas Knauf (Erlangen): Number theory and
Do not hesitate to contact the MaPhySto secretariat
or the local organizers
Erik Balslev and
for more information.
This document, http://www.maphysto.dk/oldpages/events/NTandST1999/index.html
was last modified
January 19, 2004.
Questions or comments to the contents of this document should
be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org