First MaPhySto Workshop on Inverse Problems
Inverse Problems in Stratified Media
22-24 April, 1999
Auditorium D2, Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Aarhus
This workshop was the first in a series to be organized by MaPhySto.
The workshop brought together researchers with varied backgrounds, with
a common interest in inverse problems relating to stratified media.
There were series of lectures on both theory and applications.
- E. Clévédé (Département de Sismologie, Institut de
Physique du Globe de Paris):
Global scale seismic tomography.
V. Enss (Institut für Reine und Angewandte Mathematik, RWTH Aachen):
Geometrical Approach to Inverse Scattering (jointly with W. Jung)
- The Schrödinger Equation -- Non-relativistic and
- The Klein-Gordon Equation.
- A. Nachman (Department of Mathematics, University of Rochester):
- The Dirichlet-to-Neumann map and its connections to Inverse
Scattering and Inverse Spectral problems.
- An exact,non-iterative inversion method.
- J. Ralston (Department of Mathematics, UCLA):
Inverse scattering problems in stratified media.
- D. Sinoquet (Institut Francais du Petrole, Rueil-Malmaison):
Seismic reflection tomography for 3D complex geologic structures.
- M. Thompson (Astronomy Unit, School of Mathematical Sciences,
Queen Mary and Westfield College):
Helioseismology: inferring the structure and dynamics of the
inside of the Sun.
- P. Weidelt (Institute of Geophysics and Meteorology, Technical
University of Braunschweig):
- The 1D-inverse problem of magnetotellurics:
A training site for mathematical physicists.
- Construction of bounds for spatial averages of electrical
The organizing committee consisted of
Jens Ledet Jensen (Aarhus),
Arne Jensen, (Aalborg) and
Bo Holm-Jacobsen (Aarhus).
You may find more information (program, participants etc.) in
the Workshop mini-proceedings.
Please contact the organizers or MaPhySto (at
firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
This document, http://www.maphysto.dk/oldpages/events/InvProbW99/index.html
was last modified
January 19, 2004.
Questions or comments to the contents of this document should
be directed to email@example.com